Apply here: http://goo.gl/forms/ZpGpBHKo8q
Download full concept here: http://goo.gl/zhg6Vp
Applications are invited from youths across all countries to join the IYAAT’s CVE Think Tank. Only 25 successful applicants will join this program for a period of 5 months.
The CVE Think Tank will operate through working groups (comprising of 5 persons each), to improve their efficiency and focus on obtaining meaningful results. The topics to which the Groups are dedicated reflect key priority CVE areas of the IYAAT’s Strategy. The Working Groups develop best practices and capacity-building projects in areas where cooperation with IYAAT can add value to the implementation of the Strategy.
There are currently 5 thematic working groups in place:
- Conditions Conducive to the Spread of VE amongst youths;
- Development of Alternative narratives;
- Promoting and protecting Human Rights and the Rule of Law in CVE;
- Intelligent use of Internet and social media for CVE;
- Collaboration and capacity building of youths on CVE.
The program is planned to involve youths of ages from 18 to 30. Each person is expected is expected to register as an individual participant and will be selected on merit and context basis. Applicants from the most affected areas with radicalization will be given priority on context and relevance basis. The calls for applications will be made online and a timeline of 2 weeks given for the applicants’ submissions.
The other standard selection criteria to be used will be:
- At least two years’ experience in CVE, either based on research works or projects implementation;
- Willing and Able to travel to Nairobi (Kenya) in July 2016;
- Strong social and communication skills;
- Willing to work on a voluntary basis;
- A commitment to return to community and apply the program lessons and skills learnt for the benefit of CVE in the community;
- A member of the CVE Youth Firm (cveyouthfirm.iyaat.org). This will assist us in collection of feedback from the successful participants for future improvements;
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in the subject of CVE as a whole;
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others
- A proven record of leadership and accomplishment in public service, youths advocacy or civic engagement;
- Ability and knowledge to use social media and internet.
The Successful applicants will work through peer-to-peer engagement ad learning in their working groups to:
- Design and produce research new ways and a toolkit of countering violent extremism;
- Implement the new designs on youths, gather and document results and impact levels;
- Assess the feasibility of current CVE strategies used by stakeholders, and how much they reach the youths and the affected communities;
- Participate in the IYAAT-organized exchanges with experts and senior figures in the CVE sector;
- Serve as advocacy agents of CVE during and after the program in regional meetings and relevant summits or
The proceedings of the works of every program session will be documented and published as a journal, the CTS journal-by IYAAT, and attributed to the participants, who will the receive recognition for their works and contribution and certificates from IYAAT. Other non-standard benefits shall also be accorded to the participants.